The South East England Development Agency (SEEDA) has overseen the development and regeneration of Chatham Maritime, one of Europe’s largest regeneration sites.
Dating back to 1547, the original dockyard has been the site of over 400 years of shipbuilding for the Royal Navy, including the building of Nelson’s flagship, HMS Victory. The island and historic dockyard is now home to a thriving community of residents, businesses, and visitor attractions.
PCKO has a long and successful history working on the Island. Our involvement began in 2000 when we were commissioned through a competition for the detailed design of Sector 5 of the masterplan. The award winning Fishing Village received one of the first Building for Life Awards and the National Home Builder Design Award for Best Brownfield Development.
We were subsequently commissioned to review
the original masterplan and propose improvements to the development strategy to maximise value for the site, addressing an increased demand for high quality homes on the island. This involved comprehensive revisions to the overall masterplan and the production of a new Design Code to establish the quality and character for all future phases.
24 APRIL 2015
New Engineering Building for UWE